Is this a cliche post? Prob. Did I actually learn 25 things? I learned much more. Here we go, 25 things I learned when I was 25. I’m still 25 for another week hehe
1. Fake it til’ you make it. You must speak, dress, think and act like the person you want to be before you are actually that person. You don’t just wake up one day with a closet full of professional clothes and an articulate vocabulary because you finished school.
2. A capsule wardrobe is essential. Buying a bunch of trendy crap from zara will only leave you staring at your closet in a few years thinking what the heck? Start buying classic elegant pieces, your future self will thank you.
3. Everyone is so nosy. People love to KNOW whats going on in your life, simply to compare it to their lives. Say less, keep it vague, be a mystery.
4. You really become the 5 people you hang with most. This can be a blessing or a curse, be careful.
5. Driving manual isn’t THAT hard. (I haven’t dedicated more than a few days to it, but I’ll catch on)
6. You don’t need everyones approval and quite frankly, no one cares.
7. Spain is where I feel most at home.
8. It is not your job to keep up with everyone all the time. Make people HAVE to reach out to you to know how you are doing. IF SOMEONE WANTS TO KEEP UP, THEY WILL.
9. I’m a TOTAL BOSS ! Sometimes I down play my life and the things going on in it. I moved to different continent with zero family, all alone and never looked back. I went through many stages and I succeeded through all.
10. Learning a language is NOT HARD. It is only hard because all people have every said is that learning languages is difficult. Things are only as hard as you believe them to be.
11. YSL Black Opium is my ride or die perfume. You’ll catch me in my casket wearing that.
12. Do not make yourself small to make the people around you feel comfortable. In Europe they still use a lot of medical terms in English and I caught myself saying them with a Spanish accent so people around me felt comfortable ( Spanish people do not speak English) . NOPE. I quickly noticed and now I say them loud and proud with my cute American accent. Discupla.
13. Imitation really is is the best form of flattery.
14. There are people watching. Sometimes I post things so people feel inspired and refreshed. There are days I get messages from strangers telling me how I’ve inspired to do X & Y, or that they look forward to my posts. Keep going.
15. 4 years ago I wrote down everything I wanted in a man, that man is my fiance.
16. Having curly hair is not that bad, it’s the most voluminous hair when its blowdried and thats a major PLUS.
17. I don’t think my body can handle temperatures below 10 degrees Celsius. I literally cry during this type of weather. There are not many things that make me sad, but this type of weather is one of them.
18. My family is the most united family I have seen. Ever. To give you an example, It’s totally normal to call my uncle, grandma/pa, aunt, siblings, parents, cousins and have things to talk about comfortably for one hour +.
19. I am actually a tea person with occasional cups of coffee. Do not tell my father, he gets very upset at this because we are Yaucanos (born in the city of coffee in Puerto Rico)
20. Abs really are made in the kitchen. Focus on eating healthy food, add exercise here and there. Not the other way around.
21. 4 things from my vision board came true without me noticing (like a Paris proposal). This stuff works!
22. Skincare EVERY NIGHT doesn’t show up today or tomorrow, it shows up in 10 years.
23. Just because you enjoy spending time with someone doesn’t mean you have the same travel itineraries. I can literally only travel with My parents, W’s parents and W. lol We have identical travel styles. Not too much in one day, not too little, but certainly involves a change of outfit.
24. Most successful people that I currently know from social media do not have a college degree.
25. Daily gratitude is the only thing that gets me out of a bad mood.
Which one of the 25 have you also learned this year??